1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Barts vs status

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by Lilbassist254, Dec 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Lilbassist254

Lilbassist254

Dec 24, 2016
    So yeah, im building a jazz bass and cant decide if I should get barts or status pick-ups. So if you guys have any advocaat on which pair of pu's to choose let me know, thx.

Dale Griffith likes this.
  2. Zooberwerx

Zooberwerx Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2002
    Virginia Beach, VA
    Go with the Status...be different! The Hyper-whatever pickup / pre combinations in my composite headless 5's were super-hot, though.

Riis

3. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    There's a thread I'm following today on this forum that the OP states his Barts get lost in the mix and that's with a Bart pre. What's the sound you hear in your head when you envision your completed Jazz? Is it vintage in which a passive setup might suit your needs or does the music you play/hear have a more aggressive tone? The Status Hyperactives are a good pup but if I recall correctly they are active requiring a 9V battery.

4. BassGyver

BassGyver

Jun 29, 2004
    Belgioum
    "Hyperactive" is just the name of the pups. They are passsive pups.

5. Lilbassist254

Lilbassist254

Dec 24, 2016
    Well I was thinking about getting the j retro preamp, a status jazz neck and a set of their pick-ups so I would say I am looking for a good "high end" slap sound.