Baseball playoffs

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by jrthebassguy, Oct 3, 2005.

1. New York Yankees

8 vote(s)
  2. Boston Red Sox

9 vote(s)
  3. Los Angeles Angels of Anahiem

2 vote(s)
  4. Chicago White Sox

7 vote(s)
  5. Houston Astros

5 vote(s)
  6. St. Louis Cardinals

10 vote(s)
  7. Atlanta Braves

2 vote(s)
  8. San Diego Padres

1 vote(s)
  1. Well guys, it starts tomorrow.

Who do you have winning it all? What team(s) do you expect to leave quickly...or any darkhorse picks?

All I gotta say is....go Astros!
  2. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Braves RULE!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO

yeah i know they're gonna lose 1st what :D
  5. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
  6. groovit

Oct 12, 2004
    New Hampsha
    Despite the Red Sox' collapse and subsequent loss of the division down the stretch, I almost like the wildcard better. I'd rather play Chicago, all else being even, than play the Angels of wherever...
  7. Though I'm a die-hard Red Sox fan, and would love to see them win back-to-back titles, I've gotta go with the White Sox on this one. They seemed to have been on fire this year, and I wouldn't be surprised if they win it, if not, at least take the AL title. I do know one thing for sure, Angels are taking out the Yankees.
  8. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I'm rooting for San Diego only because they had a chance at making the playoffs with a losing record.
  9. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
  10. Pruitt

Jun 30, 2005
    Danbury, CT
    Finally someone with intelligence and taste posts. No wonder, look where you live. heh heh... :)
  11. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA

I'm originally from Connecticut and found Yankees fans to be obnoxious! :D

My mother raised me to be a Red Sox fan. She thought Ted Williams was the best thing she'd ever seen in a baseball uniform.

Sox vs Angels for the AL crown and then facing the Astros with Roger Clemens finally helping the Sox win a World Series! :hyper:
  12. It certainly isn't gonna be the Red Sox winning if they can't get a pitcher to do more than throw it down the middle...starting to think that wildcard game was a gimmie. geez.

Let's hope Wells turns it on today. He's got the experience...then again, so does Schilling, but.... oy veh.
  13. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    If the chi-sox can keep up the offense and the solid pitching they should go far. Hopefully Buehrle can work his magic today. The series is not over but that was a good start yesterday.
  14. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    That's been the ChiSox problem, keeping up the offense!

It was an ugly game yesterday, but I think it was an exception. I expect the next few games to be closer. After Moose coming through for the Yanks last night, I have to say my Angels pick may not be a good one. I still like the BoSox, I think Clement was our worst starter, I like Wells, Wake, Schill the next 3 (hopefully). Then start Arroyo if necessary on Sunday.
  15. I don't know. Wake's been a little shaky lately...his knuckleball ain't dancing like it normally does. And from what I've heard, they're planning on using Arroyo has a LRP rather than a starter for the ALDS.
  16. KPJ

KPJ Supporting Member

Oct 2, 2001
    Methuen, MA USA
    Wake's been more consistent than not this season. Let's hope it doesn't come down to a game 5, I do not feel good about Matt Clement starting a game of any importance.
  17. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    i love the sox. i dont see them getting past the chisox. but thats ok. all i needed was last years WS to shut up my yankee loving co workers.
  18. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    I admit that yesterday was a little strange for being a ChiSox fan but these guys have played with a chip on their shoulder all season. Don't let it go five games because if Contreras goes back out against Clement it might not be a good thing. Hopefully Buehrle can hold his own today. I would not be surprised with a score of 4-3 either way. This one will be decided with the pitching and who makes the first mistake. Wells or Buehrle??
  19. Impressive 'stros win today :bassist:
  20. jja412

jja412 Fine gear enthusiast

Feb 2, 2004
    St. Louis
    Big Cards fan here... If Izzy doesn't throw it away (he scares the hell out of any serious Cardinal fan), I think we have a great shot. Houston still scares me, though...