Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Basement Show in Sydney

Discussion in 'Ask Rufus Philpot' started by Bass Clef, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Hey Rufus,

Great to see you here on the forum at TB.

Saw your show with Virgil here in Sydney in December at the Basement. You sounded fantastic. Loved your tone on the bass.

Was wondering what type of bass you were using. Was it a Ibanez and if so which model ?

Your amp looked like a GK800RB, is this right ? What speaker cabinet were you driving ?

Sorry to ask boring questions but your sound was great and it did not seem like you were using high-end type of gear which seems even more fantastic.

Cheers anyway, hope to hear back from you and look forward to reading more stuff on your forum.

Jim.

2. rufusbass

rufusbass Skype Bass Lessons Now available.

Sep 10, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Hey there
    Glad you liked the Basement Show-Sydney was my favourite place to play-esp. the second tour we did-great weather!
    So-yes, the bass was a stock Ibanez-i believe it is the European model-has an extra coil tap switch...
    I have two fretted 5's-and a custom fretless Ibanez made me too-I dont travel too much with that one!
    As for the amp-you guessed right-its like I said in the Talkbass Interview-when you tour internationally, sometimes you use what is provided- i actually played thru a variety of amp heads, depending which city we were in....
    GK's are pretty easy to work with-I'm glad the bass sounded good out front-again , I wouldn't attach my name to a guitar company unless they made something i believed in-those Roadgear basses really do work well for me..And they really aren't expensive-again I like the idea they are available to people who don't have 5 grand to spend on an axe!!
    However-you should find a bass you like and really stick with it, discover all the tonal nuances available-pick up and tone settings, where to play -close to the bridge/nearer the finger board etc...
    ALL those things are really important, I reckon!
    Cheers
    R