Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Basic 112

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Youngspanion, Mar 13, 2005.

1. I have a Peavy Basic 112 combo amp. In the back there is a 1/4 inch jack for an extension speaker. Can any one recommend a cab that would go well with this combo amp. It doesnt handle highvolume very well at all and Im atarting to wonder if a 100 watt amp would be better. My thinking is that the speaker, "Blue Marvel"?, is not handleling the 60 watts alone, and another speaker added will work.

Thanks
    Steve

2. Lowtonejoe

Lowtonejoe Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Richland, WA
    I just checked on the Peavey website and unless you have an older Basic 112 the combo puts out 50w at 8ohms and 75w at 4 ohms.

Investing into an extension cab is a great idea. You could use it with your combo for now to get a bit more power and alot more cone surface and you can use it with the head you will be getting in the future because you will be wanting to be felt as well as heard.

:D

As far as which cab to get that probably depends on your budget and the type of music you will be playing. So I guess more info would be good.

:)

Joe.