basic el cheapo pedalboard idea

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Adienn7, Dec 12, 2016.

1. Adienn7

Adienn7

Jan 26, 2007
    Here's an idea for a pedalboard that is a collection of suggestions from these forums.

Use it with your vision. The most Cost-effective pedalboards are made from stuff you find. like pallets zipties, a drill, or stuff you find at a goodwill, Dollar tree, ebay, amazon, or other cheap places.

Velcro- zipties- screwing pedals to a board. etc. you decide.

when building any thing draw a plan. make a to-scale model.
    remember Measure twice- cut once. lefty loosey- Righty tighty. if you have anything with a chemical smell using it in a well ventilated room. and most sprays cure better in heat. when using a tape or Velcro the more times you try to restick it the weaker the adhesive gets.

Here's some suggestions on pedals- not all cheap- I final cables-tuners-preamp-di- power supplies- should not be uber cheap but at least a good quality.
    • turbo tuner it's not super cheap but it extremely accurate- some would do a poly tune or a boss wazu tu-2.
    • opti comp because it's cheap and natural
    • OC-2 for Octave down. classic and not a bad price .
    • MojoMojo cheap but sound good. or a clean boost
    • Carcora cheap and a bass friend fuzz or Danelectro Fab tone
    • Phase 95 for a little classic modulation. and for a tightly spaced board. Plus I like pink Floyd. choose your own here- maybe a BF-2
    • Sans amp Bass driver version 2- not cheap but has a DI, HPF, Eq. used the first version or some other preamp with a DI.
    Extras
    • Countryman/Radial makes a good di
    • Blender looper or any effect with a blender helps with bass.
    • Switchers morley/lehle/ radial make good switchers as well
    • clickless looper and midi loopers are over kill but fun when you feel like upgrading
    • Volto is a ion battery portable power supply and rechargeable. Not cheap. but clean power & add an isolation adaptor to the daisy chain to clean up a noisy connection.
    • A buffer after the octave will adjust of any tone suck.
    • the other thing to think about is an accessory tin-pick holder.
    • wah and Volume I didn't choose to use one on this example. but I'd put one wah before the whole board. and a volume after everything to quiet stuff down.
    • As far as cabling. I like Lava Cable. but Bestonics gets good reviews. solderless or soldered. make sure it's low capacitance and a solid connection- always have a backup for all cables. wireless might and can go out like a cable. shure and line 6 wireless are good places to start.

elcheapo board.JPG

2. WhoSeyes

WhoSeyes

Aug 18, 2008
    Barcelona.
    Zoom B3. Cheaper.

It doesn't have a pickholder, though.

3. Adienn7

Adienn7

Jan 26, 2007
    multi effects can be nice. but limiting. this is more like a traditional set up.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 16, 2022