1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Basic Setup/Configuration Questions

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by LowDown Hal, Aug 29, 2008.

1. I just bought an Alesis Multimix8 Firewire to utilize as a practice/learning tool. :hyper:
    http://www.alesis.com/multimix8firewire

The idea is to run the output from the mixer into my LMII and have a nice portable, well contained unit which allows for a recording device (laptop), bass, guitar, microphone, MP3 whatever, etc.

So, question #1
    Should I run the main mix out into the effects return of the amp. Or, should I just jack into the front panel 1/4" input? Both approaches seem to work?

Question #2
    Is it OK to run the mixer sitting right on top of the amp. The have nearly identical footprints and will make a real nice portable rehearsal rig this way.
    I have tried this and it seems to work for a while then I get terrible noise, possibly feedback? :help:

I'll experiment more later but for now I'm about to watch a movie with the wife. Quality time and all that ;)

So, in the meantime I thought Id' check with the more experienced.

THANKS