1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Basketball fans: Am I the only one who...

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tommygunn, May 6, 2010.

1. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Hates the lakers, and lebron?

Seems like that. Imma huge celtics fan, and like the rockets but I hate the lakers. And LeBron seems overrated, under-talented and a giant ball hog.

2. acid bass

acid bass Supporting Member

Apr 2, 2010
    I hate the Lakers, but not LeBron. He may be overrated, but he is NOT undertalented and the stats speak for themselves.

3. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    If you were old enough i'd make you put your beer on line, but since your not I'll just say this. Go Lakers!! Woooot!

4. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Celtics need to win this year. They have a all-star team but some how it doesn't work. :(

5. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I hate the Lakers, but I'm not betting against them.

I don't know how you can call LeBron undertalented. And a ball hog? He shares the ball better than any non-point guard superstar since Larry Bird and averaged almost nine assists a game this season.

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    All this, except LeBron isn't a ball hog, and I hate the rockets too.

7. +1

I'm not a huge LeBron fan, but haven't had an issue with him until this year, when it seemed his arrogance took another step up. Maybe I'm asking too much of my pro athlete entertainment, but I respect the guys with a little humility.

Mike

8. I don't like Lebron much. But, he's a really good player. His stats would be a little less impressive if the refs knew what a travel was... :p But nonetheless, he deserved the MVP.

I'm rooting for the Suns, and the Lakers. I know the Suns won't beat the Lakers in the playoffs. But I can hope :)

The Spurs on the other hand... I can't stand those guys. I hope the Suns sweep them. Too many recent years of playing way too dirty and getting away with it has made the Spurs my least liked team.

9. After watching the Magic dismantle their opponent in the first round...and seeing how they've just embarrassed Atlanta so far in round 2...

:)

...I may be getting some beer back THIS way this year.

:hyper:

IF the Fakers can make it, that is.

10. ericw

ericw

Aug 19, 2009
    Hagerstown, MD
    As a Wizards fan I am an adament LeBron anti-fan. And his arrogance drives me insane.

Of course at the same time, the OP enjoys some incredibly abrasive personalities on his team, the Celtics. Paul Pierce is incessantly whining, Kendrick Perkins thinks he's a hall-of-famer, and I don't think ANYONE can enjoy being around Kevin Garnett. Think of what his wife has to put up with..

Rajon Rondo I can dig on big time.

And Kobe doesn't really bother me anymore.

11. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    NBA-Celtics-vs-Wizards.

This man! ^

12. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    Does Basketball season ever end?

13. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Not really.

14. I hate the Lakers (Portland is my western conference team) and hate the Celtics and Cavs (I'm a Piston's fan) - but Lebron is the real deal.

15. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Pistons fan... yup their next up for a win :D

16. elgecko

elgecko

Apr 30, 2007
    Anasleim, CA
  17. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    I know. Last thread was a fail, this one has an actual topic :p

18. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    I despise Kobe and the Lakers. I don't care for or against LeBron. Bosh is quickly headed up my dislike list though as is Mr. Why dont the refs ever call fouls on other stars?

And Durant is headed up my like list.

19. ekb16b

ekb16b

Jun 5, 2008
    Australia
    The only reason i hate cavs is the big floppy haired pain in ass. I swear i could not of been happier when wade dunked on him and gave him a crotch facial.
    Im rootin for suns or magic and hoping that lakers dont win it.

20. Tommygunn

Tommygunn

Nov 8, 2008
    Houston, Tx
    Has anybody noticed it's always the big guys who get away with traveling (like 8 steps) on their layups?