1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Basketcase Kay M-1 for sale: $600 + shipping

Discussion in 'DB Classifieds Archive' started by ksukev, Sep 22, 2004.

1. ksukev

ksukev

Aug 24, 2004
    Kansas
    Several years ago I rescued an old Kay upright from a garage sale. Some college kid had painted an old M-1 black with a textured finish (coulda choked him). I had planned to restore her to her original condition but with all the gigging and work I do, I just don't see it happening and my wife is tired of looking at it in various points of disrepair in our guest bedroom. I'd take $600 + shipping for it. If anyone is interested in it.

Kev Nichols
    Wamego, KS
    knichols@wamego.net

2. sleeplessknight

sleeplessknight Supporting Member

Mar 8, 2002
    Seattle
    Got any pics? Is the bass in playable condition? About how much do you estimate it would cost to restore it?

3. ksukev

ksukev

Aug 24, 2004
    Kansas
    The bass played fine when I disassembled it to strip the paint. I have no idea when it will cost to restore it, just know I don't have the time to do it.

4. Humberto

Humberto Supporting Member

In terms of shipping - where are you located? Is there a label inside? If so, serial #?

If it's at all possible I'd like to see pix - am very interested.

5. ksukev

ksukev

Aug 24, 2004
    Kansas
    Sorry fellas, she's sold to a real nice guy near KC (no shipping!!!) I'm sure Bob will do a real nice job restoring her to her original condition. Thanks for the interest!