Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass 350 and the bass pod pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassmant5, Jun 14, 2005.

1. bassmant5

bassmant5

Jun 14, 2005
    hey everyone-new to the fourms ( as far as posting goes ) , and have got tons of usefull info , so thanx's. My ? is this. I run a swr bass 350 w/ the goliath 3 and just recently got the bass pod pro. my initial idea was to just run the pod thru the fx loop of the 350 and dial in how much i wanted thru the 350's fx blend , however i am having a hard time figuring out exactly how they should be wired together. this will be for live applications. any help would be great-thanx

2. bassmant5

bassmant5

Jun 14, 2005
    bump

3. BruceWane

BruceWane

Oct 31, 2002
    Houston, TX
    350x Effects Send -> POD Input
    POD output -> 350x Effects Return

Be sure to use instrument cables, not speaker cables.

4. Fred312b

Fred312b What if I want to play jazz precisely? Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Chicago, IL
    what he said

5. bassmant5

bassmant5

Jun 14, 2005
    thanks guy's - so are you saying to use the input on the front of the pod and the 1/4 inch modled output on the back , and if so is there a way to do all the wiring from the back ?

6. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Ok-i'm looking at the back of my POD Pro right now....if your signal chain looked like this....

bass->350, 350 effects send-> Line Level Input on the POD Pro ,then from the Post Send-> to the effects return of the 350. I *think* that would work in order to have all cables in the back of the rack.....i'm not sure though. I think you could also swap instead of using the "post effects" send you could use the Model Out of the POD Pro.

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong.

7. bassmant5

bassmant5

Jun 14, 2005
    thanks for all your help guys , i will give it a try. i think by coming out of the modeled out you by pass the cabnit modeling , which is what im going for. thanks again

8. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    I used that set up for about a year. I got nothing but compliments. On esound guy said it was the best bass rig he had heard.

9. mwig

mwig

Aug 6, 2005
    fresno, ca
    I have an older bass pod with the same set up with my SWR head and it works great. I have 4 button foot swith to change banks which is great for live work.

10. ZZMorgan

ZZMorgan

Sep 6, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Another option:

Instrument > Pod > Power Amp In.

This is what I use on my SVT and it works very well. I get a lot of compliments on the sound.

ZZ