bass 350 help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by groovecat, Mar 10, 2002.

1. groovecat

Jan 5, 2002
    Hoping to get some input from fellow swr bass 350 users. I have a chance to get a bass 350. It's an old model [ red face, no fan defeat switch]
    (in great cosmetic shape) but it needs a little work to the effect of a new fan. Is the new model bass 350 as good, better, or worse than the old model? It sounds killer but I am wondering if I should spend the extra $200 and get a new one. Sure would appreciate some help on this. Thanks
  2. Jon Burnet

Jon Burnet

Jan 21, 2001
    Memphis, TN
    i have seen them go for a little as 350 in great condition. i say pass.
  3. Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Woodland Hills, CA
    According to SWR tech support the only difference is that the new model has speakon connectors.

However, if you have to fix the fan, I would be worried about what else might be wrong.
  4. considering price difference and all, i say pass
  5. groovecat

Jan 5, 2002
    I hooked a 4 ohm load up to it and played it for a long time. Finally, the fan came on. It runs for a while until cool,then shuts off. From what I could tell this is how they work(thermostatically controlled). My mistake in thinking the fan was nonfunctional. I guess I based it on other heads in which the fan started as soon as you turned on the head.The price is still a main issue. Thanks guys