Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass 4x10 equivalent to Orange 4x12 guitar cabinet?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by christianss, Sep 18, 2004.

1. christianss

christianss

Sep 18, 2004
    Hi there, im new to Bass and looking for a 4x10 Cab. I love the sound my orange head and cabinet give me using guitar, is there anything like it for bass? i'd like a punchy agressive (but controllable) growly tone :bassist: i'll be playing a spector ns4 cz with p/j pickups. i know there is bass equipment made by orange too but its not what im looking for. sadly i cant try much here locally, shops only carry same 1-2 brands. :crying:

2. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
    ashdown maybe? Thats what I ordered.. Backordered about am onth everywhere.. :bawl:

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
  4. christianss

christianss

Sep 18, 2004
    Looks nice :cool: But at 865$ this will translate to like 1200 euro when i try to get them here :crying: Some days ago i was looking into a yorkville combo which goes for around 400$ in the states, its impossible to get it here for under 700euro. with some other companies there is no or only a small difference though.

5. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Sorry, didn't know about your location...though I guess I should've figured it out. Try looking for one used on EvilBay maybe? I dunno...sorry

Ray

6. Timbo

Timbo

Jun 14, 2004
  7. christianss

christianss

Sep 18, 2004
    Price is very nice, and so is the weight of the 4x10 only version. Anyone here ever tried one of those?

8. Hi , Look man, everybody will tell you something dofferent . Lots of folks make great 4-10 cabs. Try as many as you can. Peavey has some newere 10's that are road tough and sound great, and tend to be better priced than the top end stuff. If you are using just one cab, I have found that a 4 ohm cab works better, Make sure the 10's are made for bass. Good luck----- now get out there and growl !!!!