Bass Advice...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jazzmann23, Apr 21, 2003.

1. jazzmann23

jazzmann23 Guest

Sep 11, 2002
    Murfreesboro, TN
    Here's the deal,

I've been reluctantly been thinking of selling my Lakland 55-94 deluxe. Yeah I know it sounds crazy, but listen why. The first bass I ever bought is a MIM Fender Jazz bass, I put Bartolini #9J's in it as well as a Leo Quann Badass Bass II bridge and even a cool retro pickguard. So I haven't played this bass in a long time and I picked it up the other day and fell in love with it again. I took it to band practice and my bandmates liked it as well. Right now money is tight for me and my wife and i could get a pretty penny for the Lakland and I could throw a J-retro in the jazz and buy another much needed cabinet with plenty of cash to spare. Well, guys and advice, thoughts...?
  2. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    If you dislike it, sell it. That's my motto. I've sold and traded more basses than I can comprehend. Brand names mean nothing if you can't get what you want out of it.
  3. Fishface

Jul 26, 2002
    Denver, Colorado
    I agree. It is so easy to get caught up in the hype of having a botique bass, but if you can get what you like out of the MIM Jazz, go for it. I am sure the wife would agree (I know mine would).

Just make sure it isn't an infatuation that will wear off right after you sell the Lakeland.

That has happened to me more than once. Not on basses, but on cars and other toys.