1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Amp Broken?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bloco, Nov 14, 2010.

1. bloco

bloco

Nov 14, 2010
    I used my bass with my amp 2 weeks ago and the sound was fine. Now I plug my bass into the input, the sound won't come out. I put the volume up high to see if the amp was broken but there was a noisy grainy sound that came out so I thought that the cord was broken. I bought new ones today and tried them out but the sound didn't come out. I tried re-plugging my amp somewhere else but it still won't work. Can someone help me out? Is my amp broken or is the bass broken?

2. try plugging one of your new leads into the input and touching the end. If it makes no sound then its your amp.

3. bloco

bloco

Nov 14, 2010
    THANK GOD.
    My amps works when I do that. What should I do next? :D

4. JimmyM

JimmyM Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Ampeg Amps, EMG Pickups
    fix your bass ;) probably just a short somewhere. shouldn't be real costly to fix.

5. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
    Welcome to TB bloco! :)

Some links:

How to wire a bass guitar.
    http://www.google.ca/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=How+to+wire+a+bass+guitar.&meta=&btnG=Google+Search

6. Steveaux

Steveaux Safe-Guardian of the Stoopid Supporting Member

Jul 1, 2008
    The Wilds of NW Pa.
    Dead battery.

7. anderbass

anderbass

Dec 20, 2005
    Phoenix. Az.
    Yeah if your using an active bass it sounds like it probably just need a new battery.