1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass amp buzz :/

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dudeonthebass, May 13, 2010.

1. dudeonthebass

dudeonthebass

Jul 2, 2008
    St.Osyth
    i have a Peavey TNT115 (Old US made, built like a brick sh*t house!) and recently, there has been a constant buzzing, even with the gains turned down

this amp has a POWER AMP inpute (which bypasses the pre amp, and send the signal straight to the power amp) and a PRE AMP out (Which send the pre amp sound to an external device)

If i plug a jack lead into the power amp input, the buzzing goes, and i can play with no buzzing at all (just not much level!)

But if i connect that POWER AMP input in the PRE AMP output of my Peavey Combo 115, the buzzing comes back.

Also, if i connect the pre amp out of the buzzing TNT115 to the power amp in on the Combo 115, the buzzing sound is also sent to the combo

Im thinknig sound kind of grounding issue, if so, how can i fix it

please note, this has only occured very recently

Dave:meh:

2. This could also be a sign of failing power supply caps. The gain is higher in the preamp so it will boost the noise from power supply as well. May just be time for some new caps?