Bass, Amp, effects or cord problem??

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by odie, Oct 27, 2003.

1. odie

odie Supporting Member

Not sure how this will pan out and what forum it should be in.

Why is it that I have to turn the gain up higher tham before. Here is the story...........

My setup as of now is a ODB3 distortion, Sansamp driver/DI, flange, Tu-2 tuner plugged into a Eden cab and WT-400 head.

Before I started using multiple pedals(I used a zoom 708 prior or none at all) I would have the gain on the Eden turned up to 10 -11 o'clock. This would make the compressor light blink just on the hardest hit notes. Now I have noticed I have the gain turned up to 1-2 o'clock before the compressor light on the Eden blinks. This occurs when all the pedals are disengaged/bypass(not being used but are plugged in).

Batteries in bass and pedals are newer.

Is it because there is some resistance from the pedals??
  2. I would guess that your signal is only as strong as the output from the weakest link in your signal chain. There is probably one or more outputs in the chain that put out a level less than what is going into them.
  3. jgsbass

May 28, 2003
    Floral Park, NY
    Whenever you string pedals together in series, you're gonna lose some signal. Thats why pedalboards have a buffer to help with the signal loss from impedance.