Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass amp game..

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by irony, Oct 3, 2005.

1. irony

irony

Jul 6, 2005
    Cullman AL
    hey all

my name is kyle.. and i have been playing bass for about 7 months now.. and love it. and i need some help.. so i made a game out of it..

ok u have $1300 to spend on this..

the rules.. you have to bye..

1}a cab
    2}a rack ready head
    3} tuner
    4) and all the stuff you would get also..
    5) have to give the link to the site. where you found it.. and for how much

and you can NOT

use ebay

{hints}

i play rock.... sounds like.. INCUBUS.
    would like. about 400-600 watts.. or better..

ok cool have fun with .. it..

lets see who can come up with the best for the less money

have fun..

thanks for the help..

2. If you could use ebay, then you would get a much better rig.

3. irony

irony

Jul 6, 2005
    Cullman AL
    well i only say no... cause i just wont it .. new really.. and i have had a bad past on getting stuff off of ebay.

4. shirtforbrains

shirtforbrains

Sep 5, 2005

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    GK1001RBII
    GK Neo 212
    Boss TU 2 tuner (Ya don't need a rack tuner)

Less than $1300 if you shop around. As far as shopping around, do it yourself, I'm not researching websites, but Riks Music is usually the cheapest on GK.

6. irony

irony

Jul 6, 2005
    Cullman AL
    that looks good.. i ound some Gk... but i dont know.. any more ideas guys?

7. peavey tmax 350 off ebay
    peavey tvx 412 250 -great cab, heavy as hell, but great can non the less
    skb 4 space rack free (returned pedal) or 100
    tu2 tuner $40 on ebay

just around 700, but I still want to add a 210 or 410 to my set up, so figure another 400 for an avatar.
    full stack 500 watts and a tuner for $1100, and you still get money to spend.

although I dont think you will find that cab, and if you do not for that price I think it would make a very nice rig. over sized for where I am playing now but very nice

8. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    I got a GK 400RB-III, 210RBS and 115RBS all from Riks for $1100 shipped from Riks way back when and bought a used rack tuner for $100.

You could probably do the same pretty well, though the current 400RB-IV is only 280W

9. irony

irony

Jul 6, 2005
    Cullman AL
    where is Riks, i can not find a website on it.... ????????

10. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Heads to check out:
    Traynor YBA-200 (about $600, not a rack but it is an all tube head), GK (whichever model fits the budget), Yorkville 800 (about $500? maybe a tad more), Kustom Groovebass ($500)
    Cabs to check out:
    Avatar (www.avatarspeakers.com), Dr. Bass (look up the website...), GK
    Korg tuner should be fine...

11. irony

irony

Jul 6, 2005
    Cullman AL
    nice nice.. likeing what i see.. but its.. feels like its still not me.. i dont .. know .. i cant make up my mind.. i have this money. but i dont wont to make a pick... you know...

12. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    Look used locally. Check craiglists, post a wanted. I got a Mesa Boogie 400+ with a 215 cab all for $1000, which is a great deal. Also check the Talkbass classifieds, and post there. My 400+ was coincidentally an interaction with another TB member.

13. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
  14. shanmag

shanmag

Jul 27, 2005
    have u been to any music shops n tried out any of the head/cabs there? id probably suggest trying before you buy otherwise you might spend all your money and not like what you got!

15. irony

irony

Jul 6, 2005
    Cullman AL
    all of that is sold... yeah.. i like swr.. and i love ampeg.. .. but i wont to know what all of you thank.. ?

16. shanmag

shanmag

Jul 27, 2005
    well as long as it sounds good to you and your happy with it, our opinions and thoughts mean zero... well they should anyway!

17. irony

irony

Jul 6, 2005
    Cullman AL
    heres a quick question.... does Gallien-Krueger really sound good.. i have not played one yet..

18. IMO I dont like the sound of a gk head, thiers just something about the tone of them, very harsh and bright, but if thats the tone you are going to I would suggest them. if you want more warmth in your tone I would look some where else

19. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA