Bass/Amp problem?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Tyler Hole, Jan 31, 2005.

1. So yesterday at band practice, weird farting noises started coming outta my amp. I tried changing the settings around and lowering the volume but it didnt help.

I got home and I was thinking about it and the thought of "Maybe the battery for the preamp on my bass is almost dead?" I couldn't remember if I read somewhere about it making noises like that when the battery is about dead or not.

Does this sound like a dead battery for the preamp issue?

2. fatdawg

Sep 7, 2004
    Totally, if you can't remember the last time you changed the battery, it may be time. try it and if it doesn't work, re-post and we'll help you through the truama.

3. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    battery could be it so could instrument cords and patch cords and even speaker cords can do that. i once spent 30 min at practice wondering what was wrong only to find out that one of my speaker cords was only 1/2 way on the speaker input jack - problem solved.

anytime stuff like that happens take a deep breath and try to eliminate stuff one by one.

this is a bit gross, but time honored. put a fresh 9V batteries terminals on your tounge. ouch!. now take the battery out of your bass. and do the same thing. you'll notice if the bass' battery is signifcantly weaker. :p