bass amp question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassist6464, Oct 1, 2004.

1. bassist6464

Jun 12, 2004
    my buddie has a 15 watt marshall guitar amp and i want to play with him but dont want to spend alot of money on a bass amp, should i get a first act 15 watt amp for like 70.00 or a rouge 20 watt for 50-60.00,,, not sure what to do???
  2. Just about how much money is not too much? I was in the same boat as you, and let me tell you, a 15 watt marshall for guitar can put out a lot of sound.

Here's what i did, i wanted an amp that could be heard over that stupid little 15 watt guitar... and over the drums and in a small auditorium sounds good. So for a amp that can do that, you want 100 - 150 watt amp, it'll last you a while too, if it's your first amp you'll be pleased. I have a Peavey TNT 115 - 150 watts, and i can put another 200 watts into it with a cab.

So go on musicians friend or something, and look at what amps are out there that have at least 100 watts, you're going to end up spending over $400. Thats the thing, bass amps just aren't as loud as guitar amps, so we have to go big.

*Another note, peavey will give you a lot better tone than rogue.