Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Amp Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by st-anger1221, Jan 28, 2006.

1. st-anger1221

st-anger1221

Jan 28, 2006
    Toronto
    Hello,

recently my little Peavy microbass 50watt practice bass has been giving me some trouble. After a few minutes of consistent playing whenever I hit a string there is a distinct Staticky sound like a sizzle and pop coming from the amp. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Is my bass amp fried?:meh:

thanks

2. It sounds like it needs to be repaired by a tech depending on the cost of the repair. At some point it would be better to buy another amp.

If you contact Peavey they will email you a schematic for your specific model. There a number of variations of that amp.

3. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    That could be the bass you are using. That has happened to me before on a bass with a sucky ground or on a day with bad static electricity conditions. If it happens when you just touch the strings with your fingers, that's probably what it is. I can't remember if that amp has a ground switch on the back, but if it does, you could try adjusting that. I had the same problem playing in church today with a prototype bass through a Peavey TNT and that's how I fixed it.