Bass Amp Question

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by st-anger1221, Jan 28, 2006.

1. st-anger1221

Jan 28, 2006

recently my little Peavy microbass 50watt practice bass has been giving me some trouble. After a few minutes of consistent playing whenever I hit a string there is a distinct Staticky sound like a sizzle and pop coming from the amp. Has anyone ever had this happen to them? Is my bass amp fried?:meh:

2. It sounds like it needs to be repaired by a tech depending on the cost of the repair. At some point it would be better to buy another amp.

If you contact Peavey they will email you a schematic for your specific model. There a number of variations of that amp.
  3. BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    That could be the bass you are using. That has happened to me before on a bass with a sucky ground or on a day with bad static electricity conditions. If it happens when you just touch the strings with your fingers, that's probably what it is. I can't remember if that amp has a ground switch on the back, but if it does, you could try adjusting that. I had the same problem playing in church today with a prototype bass through a Peavey TNT and that's how I fixed it.