Bass amp to mBox2 mini

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by LDonnie, Sep 4, 2010.

1. LDonnie

LDonnie

Aug 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    This might be a silly question, but can I connect my GK 700RB-II to my mBox? I thought I could try connecting the direct out of the amp to the mic port on the mBox, but I am worried I might fry something. I am sorry if this has been discussed already, but I can't find an answer through search. Thanks!

2. Yes, that is the exact way direct outs are meant to be used!

Sometimes direct outs will be nearer line level, in which case the signal would come out of the amp too hot, but you can't really fry anything, it'll just distort a lot. If thats the case you simply have to get a cable that allows you to go from direct out to line input instead.

Ok just checked the manual for your amp, its set at 0dbV which is a bit LESS than line level but more than mic level for the mbox, so it should work fine but you may need to turn down the amp's direct out level, and the mic pre fairly low to get a nice signal.

So either mic or line inputs should be fine!

3. LDonnie

LDonnie

Aug 3, 2008
    Netherlands
    I thank you sir, for answering my question. :D

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 30, 2021