1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

bass amp trouble.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by tomfoolery, Apr 18, 2006.

1. tomfoolery

tomfoolery

Apr 18, 2006
    The other day, I went to turn on my bass amp, and nothing happened. It's like there is no power getting to it. At first, I thought it may be the power cord, but I tried a new one, and it didn't help. I thought maybe the fuse has been blown or something like that. Could that be what the problem is? I know those are kind of vague details, but I don't know how else to describe the problem. It's a Behringer BX600 Ultrabass Bass Amp, if that helps at all. Thanks.

If it is the fuse, would most guitar stores carry those?

2. Ooooh, a thread to piggyback onto, I have that same amp and I'm having some trouble too, whenever I turn it on I get a horrible buzzing that I can't get rid of and I'm sure it's not my guitar or my socket because I tried my guitar and one of my friend's Peavey TNT 100 on the same socket and it sounded fine...I think I'm going to steer clear of Behringer from now on though, don't hear too many positive reviews of their stuff. Get what you pay for though I guess.

3. Skel

Skel

Jun 19, 2005
    Boulder, Colorado
    I would recommend consulting your manual, or if you don't have one, download it from the manufacturer website to figure out if it's a fuse, and what size, etc. You should be able to get a replacement at Home Depot, Lowes, or Radio Shack. If you have a digital multi-meter, you can test the fuse (if there is one) by setting the meter to "ohms", putting one lead on one end of the fuse, the other lead on the other end of the fuse - if you get a huge number for resistance, the fuse is bad or "open" - you should get almost zero resistance. You can sometimes just look at the fuse and see if the filament wire is broken - but either way, it's pretty easy to get a new fuse and try it. If the new fuse blows right away, I would send an e-mail to Behringer support for advice, but it sounds like a trip to the shop if it's not the fuse. Also, when you say nothing happens - do you mean *nothing*, as in no lights come on, no fans, etc.? or just no sound, because that's a different story. If absolutely nothing, and fuse is good - trip to the shop.