1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass amp vst's

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by bassartist, Oct 22, 2020.

1. bassartist

bassartist

Apr 26, 2005
    Looking for suggestions for free/inexpensive bass amp vst's. The ones in GarageBand are ok but none quite fit the bill for what I'm looking for. I like a clean full tone, not looking for a lot distortion. I have free versions of Jamup AmpliTube that I haven't fully explored but they only have guitar models or only one bass model. I play mainly gospel, funk and jazz.

2. AceOfBassFace

AceOfBassFace

Jun 23, 2019
    Toronto
    The Ignite Amps SHB-1 is really quite pleasing. I track through a tube DI, then use this to give my tone an amped sound. I use it more than the paid plugins I have. Ignore the 'engineering for the moshpit' marketing tagline - It can create a wide range of sound - warm and clean to extremely overdriven.

Works on mac.

IGNITE AMPS - Engineering for the moshpit

Seanto, Bret Music and bassartist like this.
  3. bassartist

bassartist

Apr 26, 2005
    Cool, I'll check it out.

AceOfBassFace likes this.
  4. Bret Music

Bret Music

Jun 29, 2020
    Ohio USA
    GK Amplification 2 LE is free and worth a try. I like the Ignite Amps SHB1 also.

Patrice B and AceOfBassFace like this.
  5. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Why bother with an amp sim in that case? EQ and compression will get those tasks done easily.

6. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Bret Music likes this.
  7. spantini

spantini

Jun 13, 2020
    Lakeland, FL USA
  8. Basslice

Basslice Supporting Member

May 11, 2008
    Western Massachusetts
    I used a friend's DAW with IK Multimedia's Amplitude 4. It is $125, but crikey, the amp modeling is awesome for bass and guitar. So many amp and cab choices and effects. I am buying!

9. MuttThud

MuttThud

Aug 31, 2017
    UK
    Not free, but not as expensive as something like Bias FX.... Overloud MarkStudio. V good emulation of a bunch of MarkBass amps and cabs plus a few bass-specific effects. My favourite native plugin for bass amps (I mainly use UAD plugins so don’t have much native stuff). MarkStudio is particularly good for clean modern tone. You don't say what your budget is, but worth checking out. It has a free demo mode.

10. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
    Amplitube 5 will be out soon, you can pre-order it now.
    AmpliTube 5 amp simulation and guitar gear modeling software
    Note thought that if you buy any of IK's guitar hardware interface or DI products they through in a copy of Amplitube for free. It's ends up being a good deal on some great software. Black Friday will probably have a few more deals.

Two other paid for amp sims you may want to try (they all give you a week or two of trial periods) are Plugin Alliance Brainworks Brainworx

And the just released Guitar Rig 6 from Native Instruments
    GUITAR RIG 6 PRO

And there's probably dozens more amp sims that really sound great.

Basslice likes this.
  11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021