1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass amp with stereo FX loop?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mudshark23, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Mudshark23

Mudshark23

Jan 31, 2008
    SEATTLE
    Anybody on here know of a bass amp with a stereo FX loop? i mean other than the SVT4, which i already have.

I have been wanting to upgrade to something a little more hi-fi, with a usable DI and with a stereo FX loop. I would love to get a EBS TD650, but the FX loop is in mono, same for thunderfunk.

I am hoping i really do not have to go the whole two channel power amp and multiple preamps route, but nobody seems to be doing this other than ampeg.

And just in case anybody was wondering, i did search the FX form about this, with no luck. If anyone could shed some further light on this i would be most appreciative. Thanks!

2. Jazz Ad

Jazz Ad Mi la ré sol Supporting Member

The Trace Elliot AH1000-12 does it.
    [​IMG]

3. Jazz Ad

The Eden WT800 has a stereo return, only a mono send though.
    [​IMG]

4. Jazz Ad

Oh yeah, just for the record, this one has a stereo FX loop. :D
    [​IMG]

5. Jazz Ad

The SWR SM1500, also a mono send with a stereo return.
    [​IMG]

Do you have enough ? :)

6. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    South Shore MA
    The SWR SM500 and 900 have stereo loops as well.

7. Mudshark23

Mudshark23

Jan 31, 2008
    SEATTLE
    cool, there are other options. thanks everybody!!! now the question is which one sounds better? i am playing a dingwall 5 AB II through a bunch of FX, and doing everything from finger funk, deep suboctave drum and bass lines, and relatively intricate slap bass lines (both wooten style and the more percussive graham/flea style). whatever i get neeeds to not only sound good, but respond fast to complex FX heavy signals.

the SVT 4 is a pretty good amp, but i don't know, i am just not as happy with it right now. it feels like the EQ is too weighted on the low end and the DI out of the head is crap. since i want to start running my FX in stereo all the time, i have noticed that certain sound guys seem to get bent out of shape when i request a second mike so a functional XLR DI coming out of the head would let me head a lot of that flack off at the pass.

but it's good to know there are other options...guess i have to make another trip back to bassnw and see what they have. thanks everybody!!!