Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Dave44, Dec 14, 2001.

1. Hi Folks:

I'm new here and glad to be apart of a new scene.

I'm starting to get serious once again in my life about playing music in a band, and basically I need a new amp for live preformances. I'll be playing in pubs and lounges ( jazz and blues music ) and I need someting that will last me a number of years as this will be the last big expedature I'll be making in a while unless of course I become world famous then the world shall be at my feet not to mention all the free swag that comes with noteriety. I would like to get an amp that will have some effects built in it a bit on the portable size and in the neighbourhood of $1500. There's just so much new stuff I don't know where to begin. Can anyone out there help me make this monumental decision a little easier.

Thanx Mo

Dave

2. BFunk

BFunk Supporting Member

SWR Mo'Bass gives you lots of high quality built in effects.

Personally, I would go with an Ashdown combo. Great sound, plenty of volume, good eq, overdrive, DI. You will need outboard effects for chorus and such.

3. captainpabst

captainpabst

Mar 18, 2001
    Tennessee
    you'll definitely want to look at the SWR redhead and silverado. also the eden metro. these are considered to be some of the top combos out there. also ebs drome.

another idea would be to get a pre/power amp and a cab. demeter and aguilar make great preamps. from what i hear, you might as well get a carvin power amp - fine quality and great pricing.

as far as effects go...you might want to look at a rackmount bass line POD for a preamp, and then get a power amp and a nice 2x10 cab (swr, eden, acme, etc...)

4. Richard Lindsey

Richard Lindsey

Mar 25, 2000
    Metro NYC
    I haven't played the Peavey BAM 210, but from what's said about it on another thread here (check it out), it sounds like something you should at least look into.

5. Shumph

Shumph

Aug 25, 2001
    On the move
    I just got the Eden Metro and so far its great. Seems to me it would fit your specs perfect.

S

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    For $1500 or so, get an Eden WT-400 and one D-410XLT. As an extra added bonus, you will receive the love of God.

7. EString

EString

Nov 20, 2000
    Los Altos, CA
    God's love need not be bought.

8. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    Peavey BAM 210, enough said. :)