Bass & Amps & Guitars oh my!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by jimbass55, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Hey guys,

I am cleaning out the closet in order to finance a new rig. I figured I would give Talkbassers a chance before it is off to ebay. Check em out and ask me questions, but hurry. Thanks.

Hartke 3500- $250

Carvin 2x10RT -$140 (don't think the horn works)

Ampeg SVT 410hlf- $400(has VOX amp cover material; really cool looking)

G&L ASAT Bass w/hardshell case-$600

Fender James Burton Telecaster w/gig bag -$375

Larrivee D-03 Acoustic guitar w/hardshell case-$450
  2. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    any pics of the ASAT?
  3. I'm interested in the Hartke but I haven't got the money until in January. Guess I'll check again then.
  4. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    How much to ship the SVT-410HLF to Brooklyn NY 11214?

What type of payment tdo you accept?
  5. The ASAT is a cherry sunburst with a maple neck. It is in great condition(the hardshell case is a little rough, but it does the job) Included are Schaller strap locks. The attached is not my bass, but is almost identical except for the frettboard and the signature. Thanks.

2. I will check on the shipping, but this thing is pretty heavy. I was hoping for a local sale.

I will try to get pictures of everything by this weekend.

6. By the way, both cabs are 4 ohms.
  7. fivestringdan

fivestringdan Supporting Member

Dec 4, 2001
    Little Rock, AR
    Got a picture of the James Burton Telecaster?
  8. I will work on the pictures, and try to have them by the weekend. I really hate to sell my Tele(Deep down I was hoping nobody would be interested) The spec's are on the Fender Website. It is Sunburst, and has really great markings on the Body. I worked at Mars, and had my choice of Guitars in the same price range, this guitar was definently Played, sounded, and looked better than most of the American Standards that were selling for $200 more. Later.
  9. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    While you're at it, I'd like to see some pics of that Larivee. It's just a standard D03? Mahogany and spruce? Thanks.
  10. Tis the plain old standard. Solid Mahogony back and sides with solid spruce top. You would be hard pressed to find a better sounding box under $500. I took pictures tonight, and since I don't have a digital, I will have to develop them and scan them in on Saturday.
  11. I checked into the shipping for the 4x10 cab. It would be too large, once packed in a box, to ship via UPS or USPS. I guess it would have to be within driving distance. Thanks for the interest, but I better sell it locally.
  12. Here is the ASAT in action. Shot in a Fort Worth Stockyard Honky Tonk, probably playing a Ray Price shuffle in the Key of E.;) I know this absolutley doesn't help, but it is all I have until the weekend.
  13. Whitebread

Jun 26, 2000
    I might be interested in the Hartke, could you give some info on it's condition and age?
  14. I am not sure of the exact age because I got it used at a local music store. It is in great playing condition, and has some surface scratches but nothing major. Although I will say I always thought the fan may have been a little loud(as in like a computer fan), but this may just be the way the Hartke's are. I never had any problems with it, or I never doubted playing 5 hr gigs without a backup. I just want a rig that is better for my Upright. Thanks, and feel free to ask any questions. It is 240 watts @ 8 ohms, and 350 watts @ 4 ohms.
  15. Whitebread

Jun 26, 2000
    I'm pretty sure I will buy the hartke, but I would like to wait until you get the pictures up.
  16. slick519

Aug 11, 2001
    Salem, Or
    hmmm, is the horn on the carvin fixable?? i might now someone who might be interested....

17. I looked at the horn, and it has a domelight bulb that may be the problem. This may fix it(I am not sure, I never really thought that the cab needed any higher end) The main use it has had while it has been in my hands was mainly for Upright, and horns tend to help produce too much fingerboard noise, so I never missed it.

I could go $125 (not including shipping) Just so there are no great risks for you guys. I don't want anyone disappointed. This is a great little cab and I like how it tilts back like a monitor, but I need an 8 ohm 2x10 and my jam room is getting wall to wall gear so I have to let some things go. Thanks for the replies.
  18. The Carvin 210 & the Telecaster are spoken for.

Still available:

Hartke 3500-$250

Ampeg SVT 410HLF-$400(must sell within driving distance to D/FW TX)

G&L ASAT Bass w/hardshell case-$600

Larrivee D-03 Acoustic guitar w/hardshell case-$450

I have should get pictures of everything except the Hartke up by tomorrow. I will work on it soon also. I am sorry for not having them sooner, but my family is doing Thanksgiving today! Later.
  19. Whitebread

Jun 26, 2000
  20. Hartke's gone.

Still have the ASAT, Larrivee guitar and the Ampeg cab.