Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass amps stress

Discussion in 'Amps, Mics & Pickups [DB]' started by Leco, Dec 13, 2002.

1. Leco

Leco

Oct 10, 2002
    NY,
    I just came from a gig and my GK broke again for the third time .
    The dame PLUG
    SO, IGOT TO GET A NEW AMP.
    GK, Walter woods or Polytone?
    Any comments?

2. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Hey, if you change the subject of your thread to something with GK in it or Hey Trip, I'm sure Trip (from GK) will come by with some friendly advice. It could be a very simple thing to fix. I can't remember the extention to the head tech at the GK factory, but Trip can hook you up with the info. If you like the GK, there's no reason to head in a different direction. Amps are machines... they break... they can also be fixed, and sometimes, you might just land a bad one. It could happen with any company, so don't let this scare you off from GK. I've got a 700RB, reliable as all hell, has never even hinted at a problem. Anyway, I would recommend getting Trip's attention somehow. I've sent him a link to this thread. That being said, if you feel that it's time for a change, go right ahead and explore. There is a lot of good gear out there. I just don't want you to be turned off by GK by a single apparently faulty or troublesome unit. Good luck. Later---

Tom

3. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    Hey man! Trip here. What model is it? How old is it? I need more info. I can get you some good help on this. Sorry that it broke again. Type back soon!

4. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Guess you don't want help... :(

5. tripwamsley

tripwamsley

Jan 31, 2002
    Sulphur La,
    I did respond with a PM. I haven't heard back. I DO want to help!

6. ChenNuts44

ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    Perhaps a misunderstanding, perhaps my misinterpretation of your last post:

I wasn't imply that you didn't want to help. I was simply (and sarcastically) stating that Leco doesn't seem to want any help.

::more sarcasm:: And to think I went to all this trouble to drag you here...:(

:D