Bass Amps

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hunter182, Mar 19, 2005.

1. hunter182

Mar 19, 2005
    Hi, im new to teh forums :)

I have just got a Yamaha RBX374 for my birthday and im looking to buy an amp, hopefully about 100w. I have read loads of reviews (good and bad ones) but i still cant decide on which one i want :crying: . I've set my limit as £250, can anyone help me please? :confused:

Thanks in advance :smug:

btw. im looking for a bass amp combo :)
  2. americanmade

Feb 12, 2005
    Try to find a Fender Rumble 100. I don't know how hard it is to get them in the UK (I think that's where you are from), but they go for $300 American here, which would be a lot less than 250 whatever that symbol is.
  3. i have heard some things about the rumble series, and it usually involves that the tone's pretty good, but they fail. personally although i use a fender bass, i don't think they should be relied on for bass amplification
  4. Depending on your application, ever since I started playing, I found Trace Elliots do anything I need them to. Check my gear list, Im a Trace addict. They've not made any amps in the UK for nearly 4 years now but I wouldn't let it put you off, with the exception of my V4 (all valve V-Type) all of the others on the list never let me down, cabs included...
  5. Search this forum Pleeeeaaaase!.....[​IMG]
  6. hunter182

Mar 19, 2005
    okay, i think i'll go for the ashdown :D thanks everyone, and sorry...for not searching first :p
  7. dangjalopy

Nov 8, 2004
    their in your own backyard. ASHDOWN, not sure how much they are in the UK but have to be cheaper than here in the US. i think the blue ones are 350 here so im sure they are around what your looking to spend in your money.
  8. hunter182

Mar 19, 2005
    the Ashdown Electric Blue 15-180 is £315 here but the cheapest i can find online is £255...from a UK site anyway. if i order from a US site i probably would have to pay more for shipping wouldnt i?