1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass and Amp settings

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by The1bassist06, May 8, 2010.

1. I was never really into slap bass much but now im really starting to get into it. What i cant seem to get is a good slap tone so i was hoping you guys could give me suggestions on some amp and bass settings. Im positive its not my technique because i was playing at guitar center and when i played some slapping stuff on tsome of the basses there it sounded fine. So i was wondering what are some good amp settings for my amp and on my bass. My gear is a Ampeg BA115T and a Warwick Double buck. And the Ampeg only has a Treble, Mid, and Bass switche for the settings and also a "5" style selector.

2. badboy1984

badboy1984

Mar 27, 2007
    United Kingdom
    This is me when i want a slap bass tone.

I would scoop some of the mid and dial in bass and treble.

I would leave the amp setting flat first and dial in the sound on the bass before you do anything to the amp.

If you can't get a good tone on the warwick, you definate doing something wrong here.