Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Apraisal

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by A Rock, Jan 19, 2002.

1. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    i want to know how much you would spend on this Ibanez BTB500....just give me an honest answer.

Click here for pic

2. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    must i bump again

is 350 a good price?

3. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    You may have already done this, but I'd suggest checking eBay and look at completed auctions to see what they sold for, or in some cases, what they DIDN'T sell for.

Usually there are two values on any instrument, the least that the SELLER is willing to take for it and the most that the BUYER is willing to pay for it. When those two overlap, sales happen. The market is usually driven by the second one, the buyers' willingness to pay. That's why I recommend checking eBay prices.

Peace,

James

editted to put BUYER and SELLER in correct places. Was I drunk when I first posted this?

4. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    thats the problem...not many btb500s are on Ebay.
    thats the point of this thread i wanna know what the most that the buyer is willing to pay for it.

not that im asking you to buy it...i just wanna know how much u guys "would" pay for this bass.

5. malthumb

malthumb

Mar 25, 2001
    The Motor City
    Yeah, I guess BTBs may be too new in the marketplace to see a lot of them for sale. There's one up now and there's o a BTB510 that sold for $500.

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1502721732

Other than that I'd say that my general rules for gear purchases are:

1) 60 - 70% list for brand spankin' new
    2) Approx. 50% list for used in excellent condition
    3) Negotiate like a fiend for used in less than ideal condition
    4) WWBD (What Would Brad Do) ;)

Peace,

James