Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Bag Sizing

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by B. Graham, Jan 31, 2005.

1. B. Graham

B. Graham Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    I've got my Kay for sale. If it doesn't sell, I'll keep it, deal with it, and be on the prowl for a new bag.

What I'm using now is TKL bag for a 3/4 bass. The bag is too big for the Kay. Too deep, and too tall.

Does anyone know of more of a 5/8 bag, or another good fit for a Kay, hopefully below $200.00?

Thanks.

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I had a Kaces III bag for my Engelhardt, which is the same mold as a Kay assuming yours is a 3/4, and it fit well.

It was a decent bag and was less than $150 shipped IIRC.

3. B. Graham

B. Graham Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    Thanks. I think Upton's sell those. The TKL is seriously too large. Decent bag, and not pricey, but if it doesn't fit .....

4. Check with Bob Gollihur as well.

5. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    I bought mine from Bob. Great price. Great guy. Fast shipping.

Oops. I thought I was on ebay :)

6. B. Graham

B. Graham Guest

Aug 11, 2002
    So many nice folks to buy from who are resident here; how to choose?

7. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Chicago

+1

8. AMJBASS

AMJBASS Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2002
    Ontario, Canada
    I bought mine from Bob as well. I don't think you can beat it for the price. The padding is good, the handles convenient. There are some better bags out there, but they are all a few hundred more.

9. I recently bought one of Bob's house brand bags too. It's a generous fit on my average-size Czech 3/4 bass. I don't have measurements at hand, so I don't know how it compares size- wise to a Kay. I've had to relearn how to bag/ unbag and handle my bass since it swims a bit in the new case. I'll adjust. Bob's bag is light, well padded, has lots of handles- it's a lotta bag for the money.