Bass Beating

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Yes, as long as I got another one.

56 vote(s)
    11.7%
  2. Yes, as long as I got the money that the bass is worth back in my pocket.

43 vote(s)
    9.0%
  3. Yes, I'd do it even if i didnt get another one or any money.

12 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. No, I dont see the point

343 vote(s)
    71.8%
  5. Other..Please Specify

24 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd preffer to fling it into the crowd. Imagine how happy you'd make that other person who caught it. Especialy if it were a bassist who caught it.

2. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    Imagine the lawsuits if it killed someone :D

3. i voted no. i already have 2 basses, one of which i dont play because its really old and it needs new frets, a new bridge and new strings (i broke one string already). ever since i got my new bass, my sister has been pressuring me to smash it. it's very tempting, but i just can't do it. ill probably get new strings and sell it to a pawn shop for someone else to fix up. as fun as it would be to see it get smashed to pieces, i desperately need the money. even if i didn't need the money i still wouldn't do it anyways. i dont quite see the point.

4. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Wouldn't really seem all that appropriate at the end of a jazz gig.

5. Maybe it seems that way first, but this could bring the much needed Punk influence and attitude into Jazz.

:rolleyes:

6. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    You've hurt my brain.

7. Exactly!

I've been trying to single-handedly create two new genres: Prog-Punk and Punk-Jazz!... although NOFX got the ball rolling on Prog-Punk with The Decline...

lol...

--jeff

8. NO WAY.

Not even in my worst temper would I smash my bass even If i´t was going to be replaced by a sponsor or something.. I would prefer to give a bass away rather than breaking the **** off it on stage or something..

9. Did something similar to my friends POS Squire Strat. We took out the pickups (hey they may be worth some money) and stuffed the inside of the pick gaurd with M80s. We also duct taped some more M80s and other small fire crackers around the body, neck, ect. It didn't turn out quite as spectacular as we planned (getting all the fuses of all those firecrackers tied together is tough!) but it was still cool.
    If you couldn't tell, I would LOVE to destroy an instrument should I be sponsored. I'd make it kinda like my trade mark to find a new way to destroy it every show (I'm very creative a destroying things).

10. Gabu

Gabu

Jan 2, 2001
    Lake Elsinore, CA
    If I was endorsed by some company or another. I would be willing to smash it.

It depends partly on what I am playing though. It might look kind of funny to smash up your gear at a funk set as opposed to a rock set. :p

11. Gia

Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    roseability
    No because I get attached to inanimate objects. :(

12. Nah I couldn't do it!!! Even if I was sponsored!!!! I'd rather do like has been suggested it auction ity off for charity - or just pass it on to some aspiring young bassist!:D

13. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Rogue, basses? Oxymoran? I think so...Anyway, if I could, I would maybe smash some POS that I had but nothing that costs me over $100. We already had one thing where we smashed our guitars and bass(es) at a gig, but it kind of back fired and in the end all of our equipment was obliterated. I put one of my bassed through the guitarists cabs (yep both of them for both guitartist) That was interesting then I used my other POSer like a baseball bat on their amp heads...They tried the same things to mine, but Luckily I put mine in the rack and alls they did was smash the front up pretty bad....Altogether though, we had fun and the crowd loved it. Until effect pedals started flying into the crowd from me kicking them :) :rolleyes:

14. My life would be complete if I saw somebody smash their DB after a show. Or even better if an entire orchestra(sp?) smahsed up all their instruments after some fancy classical peice.

15. Newsted

Newsted

Jun 24, 2001
    Greece(athens)
    yes i will smash it if i fill like to.but only if they gave it to me just for this reason. I will never smash my little friend C4a i love it i have a strong bond with them i will never do something that can heart him :)

16. jalepina

jalepina Guest

Mar 6, 2002
    SW Colorado
    lol.. that's funny! I saw that Blink 182 video the other night, and wondered the same thing! I couldn't smash my bass, no way...

maybe the real question is: why are there so many Blink 182 videos on MTVX????? Bass bashers...

17. dmaki

dmaki

Apr 29, 2000
    Chattanooga

lol, that would be one hell of a sight! a giant heap of wood and metal scraps... Ibanez would probably compress it all together and use it as a "new composite":rolleyes: :D

Dave

18. Hategear

Hategear Workin' hard at hardly workin'.

Apr 6, 2001
    Appleton, Swissconsin
    I've got some dynamite. You could duct tape it to the back of the body and let 'er blow! I'd mail you a stick, but I think there are laws against that sort of thing. Have you ever thought of renting a wood chipper?

19. Oh man I'd love to tash my bass! I hit it off of everythign all the time, but since I don't have the money to replace it has to stick :(

I def. would. Hell, if I was sponsered I'd give awya a bass and trash a bass!

20. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    No I wouldn't, that would be like hitting a girlfriend.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.