Bass Beating

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by kirbywrx, Apr 5, 2002.

1. Yes, as long as I got another one.

56 vote(s)
    11.7%
  2. Yes, as long as I got the money that the bass is worth back in my pocket.

43 vote(s)
    9.0%
  3. Yes, I'd do it even if i didnt get another one or any money.

12 vote(s)
    2.5%
  4. No, I dont see the point

343 vote(s)
    71.8%
  5. Other..Please Specify

24 vote(s)
    5.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. punkazzzkid

punkazzzkid

May 30, 2003
    Georgia
    hell yeah i would smash any instrument. at the end of one gig i threw my bass through the drummers bass drum and it broke his leg. i also threw a bass into the crowd and hit some guy in the ribs and broke 3 of them. ive hacked up basses w/ chainsaws. ive sword fighted w/ guitarist w/ my basses. i won. needless to say ill destroy anything anyday anytime, including basses

2. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    Wow, talk about a fitting username. Takes a lot of smarts to destroy things you know....

It's also better if you "spice up" the stories by imagining some personal injuries. :rolleyes:

3. stuie86

stuie86

May 9, 2003
    mckinney, tx
    i dont see the point at all.

weve all thought about what we would do if we became rich and ...., well ive thought about it and i would give away the bass i player that night to some one how told me they wanted to learn bass

:p :p

4. Only my squier;) Anything else would smash me before I could smash it, they're smart you know :oops:

5. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Hey this things still going!

I still say that i couldnt. :D

6. xanidus

xanidus

Jun 21, 2003
    Gonzales, La.
    I've only been playing for about 7 months, and I know I can't afford to buy anther guitar....some people just can't afford to get a new/used one. And with the way I'm coming into music, my bass is starting to become one of the only things I want to keep in my life. I happen to agree with everyone who would just donate it, or even sell it.

7. DEFELDUS

DEFELDUS

Jun 1, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    if i got reimbursed sure... though i would probably do the smashind on my guitarist's head :D

8. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    i would never smash up a guitar; knowing me i would endup hurting myself in the process!

9. I would smash a guitar because that was the stylish thing to do once in a forgotten era....but a bass.........naw......too precious!!

If I was to smash would, itd have to be one worthy of being smashed.....one me or any of you would never pay money for.

10. Ducksual

Ducksual

May 19, 2003
    UK
    I'd like to see JT smash the double neck Conklin :p ....

Actually I wouldnt I'd much rather see it arriving by mail to this location... ;)

Nah but seriously I dont think I could do it to any bass, just doesnt fit my style really and I love bass :)

11. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Nah i wouldnt do it. That would make me seem too much like a cocky rich bitch.

12. My last year of high school, I am going to take the schools Peavey T-40 and smash it. So many bad times I have had with it. I hate it, and it hates me.

Oh man, victory will be sweet.

13. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    This thread is OLD!!

And i still wouldnt :)

14. prophecy

prophecy

Dec 26, 2003
    Earth
    horray...old thread *BUMP* *BUMP*
    FYI: no point! give it to someone in tha audience if ya really hate it that much!

15. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I couldn't do that to a bass...I've turned into quite a tree-hugger and hate to waste anything. At the last Wooten show that I went to, Vic had a leash on one of his Foderas...he'd toss it across the stage and use the leash to pull it back. Late in the show...at a point where everyone is going crazy, Vic starts running around trying to find one that was in tune (or still worked...one had died) and ended up slamming another Fodera into the stage...it really made me sick to my stomach to see it....

It was a weird show...Vic was pretty quiet the whole show and then just went NUTS...kind of like a fireworks display...nice controlled show with lots of pretty colors then the grand finale comes and all HE&& breaks loose. Didn't seem spontaneous at all...

16. i said "ya, as long as i get another one"

but what i would really do is for that song take some crappy old bass that only cost like $99 or something and smash that... then when its over grab my real bass.

but ya, i guess there is really no reason for doing it...................

17. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    I've gotta say, if I was a drummer and the jerkass bassist threw HIS instrument through MY bass drum, I'd shove my sticks where the sun don't shine. That said, I could never smash my instruments -- I get attached to the basses at the STORE! I was really sad when they finally sold that Geddy Lee that I so loved to play.

The first time some over-emotional guitarist makes a break for my amp with his guitar is the last time he'll ever use his legs to move again.

18. Brendan

Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Run it's course.

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.