1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass Big Muff: Standard vs. Nano??? Any difference?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by RSY, Apr 15, 2018.

1. RSY

RSY

Apr 9, 2007
    Georgetown, TX
    Any input on which of these to choose? Which one is typically thought to have the better sound? Not worried about space on the floor/board, so either one of them is possible as an option.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. symbolic_acts

symbolic_acts

May 24, 2004
    nano doesn't have the bass boost switch setting. that's the main difference afaik

3. colonerforbin

colonerforbin

Mar 6, 2018
    deluxe bass big muff for the bass boost switch and the additional effects switch and controls

4. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    They both suck.

fasto, Beheroth and colonerforbin like this.
  5. symbolic_acts

symbolic_acts

May 24, 2004
    maybe you just dont like the doom? this pedal instantly transforms you into al cisneros

6. TheEmptyCell

TheEmptyCell Bearded Dingwall Enthusiast Supporting Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    No, really, it’s a poopy take on the Green Russian Muff. The Blend control is so poorly designed it’s almost comical. You’re better off buying the new Green Russian Muff reissue or any of the clones that are out there.

bassmusic17, Jakeman and jcerio like this.
  7. jcerio

jcerio Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Syracuse, NY
    I owned a Bass Big Muff Nano. I currently own a Green Russian Reissue. No contest. Green Russian for the win.

BillMason and Jakeman like this.
  8. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    No it doesn’t, and I love doom. The new EHX Green Russian is good but all the bass big muffs are hot garbage.

BillMason likes this.
  9. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    They sound identical except there's no bass boost mode on the nano. But that mode sucks anyway, so the nano wins.

People poop on the BBM, but I got some great tones out of mine... however I modded it with a master volume control to reign in the volume boost you get in dry mode (the Deluxe version does not have this issue) and only ever liked the sound of it with a light overdrive feeding into it. But with those in place, it sounded immense and beat all the muff competition I could throw at it. Granted, you might not have the same experience with your bass/pedals/rig!

zapped777 likes this.
  10. symbolic_acts

symbolic_acts

May 24, 2004
    ok im dumb just checking youtube..the green russian reissue is really close to the real deal. Thinking about getting rid of the BBM and getting the russian now. However i do enjoy the clean dipswitch on the BBM. Ah decisions.

11. dannybuoy

dannybuoy

Aug 3, 2005
    England
    Get both so you can A/B them, then return or sell the loser of the battle.

That's what I did (although I've ended keeping both) and at home the BBM sounded better (when boosting into it with a light overdrive mind). However at gig/rehearsal volume the Russian sounded massive.

zapped777 likes this.