Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Blues Solos

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by nofrets5, Jul 16, 2005.

1. Can anyone recommend some recordings that contain bass solos in blues songs ?

2. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Johnny B. Gaydon has ripped off a couple of great solos on Albert Collins live albums. Wish I could give you a title but I don't remember.

3. You could try The Lemon Song by Zeppelin. It has an excellent solo in the song. JPJ improvised it and recorded it in one take.

4. relayer66

relayer66

Oct 10, 2002
    Miura, Japan
    that might be the best one I can think of too. Even though (typically for JP) the song is a rip off (Robert Johnson wrote the lyrics and it is credited to Page/Plant)...

5. isn't it a cover of killing floor?
    anyways, my suggestion is sleepy time on cream's live cd...best one i can think of...i love that cd.

6. Vysous

Vysous

Mar 29, 2005
    I heard some bass solos played by Tommy Shannon with Double Trouble (T.S. and Chris Layton(dr)) and with some guest on guitar.... They play Voodoo Child and Shannon plays there really good solo....

7. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    I've read interviews where John Paul Jones said he actually wrote that song's bassline out over a few days/weeks.