1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Body Esthetics

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Grimlock, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Lacquered finish; No pickguard

28 vote(s)
    24.1%
  2. Lacquered finish with a pickguard

31 vote(s)
    26.7%
  3. Natural finish; No pickguard

43 vote(s)
    37.1%
  4. Natural finish with a pickguard

14 vote(s)
    12.1%
  1. If you were offered a signature series bass by a company, what kind of finish would your bass' body have?

2. steve21

steve21 Banned

I accidently hit natural finish w/ pickguard, but I would choose natural w/ no pickguard.

:( stupid poll.

3. Natural no pickguard. But i really liked Nelsons basses (Swansongguitars.com) He does alot of non finished basses. Just the wood so they can breathe a bit gets a little different tone/sustain then most basses were used to.

4. hmm, probably white finish with black pg.

5. instigata

instigata

Feb 24, 2006
    New Jersey
    i need a burst of some sort. with or without pickguard.

tobacco burst or amber burst = yumm yumm.

6. [​IMG]

7. rontalsaurus

rontalsaurus

Aug 19, 2002
    natural, no pickgaurd

ps. "aesthetic"

8. +1!

9. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
    I'd probabally go for a flame top with transparent red fading to black. So I guess I'll do natural with no pickguard. However, I have seen some awesome looking black Fenders with red, blue, white, gold, and even a natural wood pickguard that have looked awesome.

10. RSchuster

RSchuster

Jan 27, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    Natural finish (but interestingly, no fancy woods), and white OR tortoiseshell pickguard, depending on the kind of bass.

11. Doctor J

Doctor J

Dec 23, 2005
    Grease
    Just ordered a custom J, ash body with translucent emerald green satin finish. I think I'll get it with a pickgurad but make the decision to install it myself after it arrives.

12. I know. Bad spelling on my part, but I couldn't go back and edit the title; likewise with the Poll. You know whta I mean?:D

...and I think my choice would be a Vintage White body with a Tortoise shell pickguard. It would be icing on the cake if the pickups were white to boot.

13. pklima

pklima Commercial User

May 2, 2003
    Kraków, Polska
    Karoryfer Samples
    Spray-in bedliner. No pickguard. Yeah, I have a bass like that already. No need to worry about scratches, though a six-hour shirtless gig might leave some marks on your skin.