1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ

SOLD Bass Body

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Basses' started by thumpstaph, Jan 12, 2015.

1. thumpstaph

thumpstaph

Feb 14, 2008
    Price:
    50 o.b.o.
    BASS BODY 3/4 size. Violin corners. The coloring on the top and serial stamp seems consistent with Kay coloring/numbering, but the paper label inside is gone, and I am in no way an authority on these things, so I have no way to say for sure. Bass bar is intact AFAIK. No soundpost, bridge, frog, endpin or neck. Good candidate for Luthier practice or art projects. Local Chicago pickup only. 50 O.B.O.

back.jpg back2.jpg belly.jpg bottom better.jpg bottom05.jpg front(2).jpg front.jpg neck joint.jpg neckjoint2.jpg serial14072.jpg

Last edited: Jan 12, 2015
  2. Sending you a PM.

3. james condino

james condino Spruce dork Supporting Member Commercial User

Sep 30, 2007
    asheville, nc
    PM sent

4. james condino

james condino Spruce dork Supporting Member Commercial User

Sep 30, 2007
    asheville, nc
    Is there a serial number either stamped in black ink or handwritten with a red crayon on the inside of the back near where the label was? If so, what is the #?

5. thumpstaph

thumpstaph

Feb 14, 2008
    The serial stamp is 14072. I found a pic of it and put a thumbnail in the original post.

6. Jake deVilliers

Jake deVilliers Commercial User

May 24, 2006
    Crescent Beach, BC
    Owner of The Bass Spa, String Repairman at Long & McQuade Vancouver
    Very nice! A bargain price for the corpus of a 1946 Kay. :thumbsup:

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021