1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass boost at 30hz

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Judge Nickels, Feb 1, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Judge Nickels

Judge Nickels

Aug 3, 2015
    Texas
    I'm in love with the sound of the Deep Switch on my Aguilar DB680. According to the manual:

The deep switch controls a tube driven RLC resonant EQ, fixed at 30 Hz. Two positions are provided for flexibility. In the left setting (+) 30 Hz has a smaller amount of gain than in the right setting (++). The (+) setting is great for "fattening up" a bass sound, while the (++) setting adds loads of bottom.

I'm moving out of the world of heavy, rack mounted gear. I'm curious if anyone has any ideas for duplicating this effect? Most boost pedals (I have an xotic bass rc booster) seem to be pegged higher (i.e. 90hz on my xotic).

Any ideas?

2. Dave W

Dave W Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2007
    White Plains
    Empress ParaEQ?

3. I don’t have one but I could have sworn I read on TB some people were using the DOD meatbox reissue with the octave knob all the way off for that type of vibe.

sillyfabe likes this.
  4. Somnambulance

Somnambulance

Jun 6, 2014
    DOD Meatbox or Mantic Density Hulk will get you there, and you’re best served by these pedals when you split them into a sub woofer or separate bass amp

5. Judge Nickels

Judge Nickels

Aug 3, 2015
    Texas
    Uh oh. Somehow I've gone ahead and purchased a Density Hulk.

6. Somnambulance

Somnambulance

Jun 6, 2014
    Yeeeeee

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 4, 2021