bass boost

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by malcolmyoung, Jun 7, 2003.

1. malcolmyoung

Jun 7, 2003
    tampa, fl
    can anybody suggest a good bass volume boost pedal? i don't like the traditional volume pedals (i.e. rocker pedals). Most of the "boost" pedals i've seen only hve a +6db boost and i was looking for something louder to fill in the spaces during the guitar solos. has anybody heard anything good about the electo-harmonix bass mole?
  2. Try a Morley PWB. Let us know what you think, OK?
  3. Hugh Jazz

Hugh Jazz

Sep 13, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    There's also the Fulltone Fat Boost (or something like that). It's made for guitar and bass, and given that it's Fulltone, a company with a good rep and great products, it should be really good. And I think the boost is +10 db, or something along those lines. However, like all Fulltone products, it's expensive.
  4. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    I find the BOSS ODB3 acts as a good boost. If you keep the balance all the way to the dry sound and increase the gain it gives a big boost with no distortion, and you can alter the EQ if needed.
  5. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    I have one built into my bass. The knob is marked "volume" I think :D

I start the gig with the volume between 1/2 to 3/4 up so I can easily turn up or down as needed.

I also use my hands :cool: and dig in a little harder when backing up solos.
  6. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    I find that, on a passive bass anyway, if you don't have the volume at full it can affect the tone, especially if you are using something like an overdrive pedal as it's not getting such a powerfull signal. Also, if you're not playing with the volume in a specific position you can't be sure you have it in the right place.

Also, I was at a Jeff Berlin clinic some time ago where he said that playing harder doesn't really increade your volume, just makes you tied more quickly.