Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Bootcamp

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by rugrat, Dec 17, 2003.

1. rugrat

rugrat

Nov 12, 2003
    Northwest Illinois
    Anyone going to Gerald Veasley's Bass Boot Camp this upcoming year?:bassist:

2. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Off to Misc........

Chris A.:rolleyes: :bassist:

3. RicPlaya

RicPlaya

Apr 22, 2003
    Whitmoretucky MI
    I never heard of it. What's it all about?

4. hyperlitem

hyperlitem Guest

Jul 25, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    dude id love to have someone yelling at me while i play bass and make me better, if it worked in sports maybe itll work in music, sign me up

5. rick1906

rick1906

Jun 6, 2002
    NC
    I'm planning to go. I went this past March and it was very helpful. I got to meet and interact with Gerald Veasley, Victor Wooten, Victor Bailey, Gary Willis, Michael Manring, and Brian Bromberg. Plus you can sign up for private lessons with them. It's a good deal.

6. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I was there too. It was neat to see all these amazing bassists perform and talk to us about playing bass. A bunch of cool people there too. I didn't do the private lessons, but maybe next time. It was a little light on the instruction, but heavy on the inspiration. It was a great experience.

7. ZonPlyr

ZonPlyr

Apr 29, 2003
    Pasadena, CA
    I will be there. I have the greatest wife in the world. She bought me the weekend as a Christmas present this year. I can't wait. Should be a great time. Hope to meet some of you there.

8. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    Anyone know the details, i.e., location, date/time, cost, etc.???

9. rick1906

rick1906

Jun 6, 2002
    NC
    It's March 12-14 in Wyomissing, PA - about an hour from Philly. Check out www.geraldveasley.com for more details.

10. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California

Nice to see a Bloom County avatar. Don't snort dandelions!:D

I've been curious about those camps. One day, maybe.

11. Blueszilla

Blueszilla Bassist ordinaire

Apr 2, 2003
    The Duke City
    TYVM

12. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Gerald should let those other guys teach him a few things...like how to play.

13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

MEOW!!!

14. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    What?

Gerald's played with Joe Zawinul, McCoy Tyner and Grover Washington Jr, to name a few.

Why do you think he can't play?

15. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
    Sure his solo stuff is on the cheesy side, but I have to echo Blackbird's --what?

16. That sounds like fun I wish i could go but i dont have that much money but i might work on my mother for the money

17. im goin in 2005....im startin to save now...damn..why cant anything like that happen here in good old australia...ill probably come to the us for a week...try and see as many bands as possible...and if any of you happy cheery people live near where its gonna be in the march of 2005 we'll have ta meet up and show me around....whats the legal ago over there..for clubbin and that...18 over here..and thats how old ill be when thats on...

cheers heath

18. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    Just IMO fella's...I know who he's played with.

19. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    I've seen him live a few times and he can definitely play. BTW I'll see you guys in March.

20. lamarjones

lamarjones Supporting Member

Aug 27, 2002
    Raleigh, NC
    Having went to the one last year, I'd say you probably need to see him again.

If you don't like the music, understandable. If you think he don't have the skills, that is a whole different ball park. I'd say you might want to get some tickets.

I'll see you there.