Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Bass Bootcamp?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Steve Harris Is, Feb 26, 2006.

1. Steve Harris Is

Steve Harris Is

Jul 4, 2005
    Has anyone gone to one of these things? This one is with Gerald Veasley and it's in PA. I think I am going to register tomorrow but I was just wondering if anyone else had gone to one and what it was like, feedback, thoughts, etc.

One of the days is 12 hours of instruction!!! Yikes!

2. Steve Harris Is

Steve Harris Is

Jul 4, 2005
    Anyone? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller? Frye?

3. rick1906

rick1906

Jun 6, 2002
    NC
    Yeah, I went in 2003. It was a good experience and I want to go back. The faculty included Gerald Veasley, Victor Bailey, Gary Willis, and Michael Manring. Victor Wooten made a surprise visit and did a master class and mini concert.

It was good, but I think I want a more intensive week long session next time.

4. boris

boris

Dec 15, 2005
    I went to the one in 2004. It was very cool, and i learned alot. Plus i met a lot of cool people. Victor Wooten, Gerald Veasley, and Jeff Carswell all did a tribute to Jaco. I highly recomend going, it was an awesome experiance.

5. Steve Harris Is

Steve Harris Is

Jul 4, 2005
    Well I am hoping to go but I can't seem to get anyone to call me back to get registered! I hope I end up being able to go, thanks.

6. there's a bootcamp in PA? hmm never knew that...and i just left PA a few months ago

7. boris

boris

Dec 15, 2005
    Yeah, it did take a while for them to contact me back now that I think about it.