1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass brand: Locato

Discussion in 'Basses [DB]' started by Solomyr, Oct 9, 2009.

1. Solomyr

Solomyr

Oct 9, 2009
    I was browsing through the internet and found a double bass from a brand called Locato. I looked at the different brands in Newbie section but I couldn't find it.

So. I wonder if anyone knows anything about the brand or the bass (it only said Locato 3/4). Any answers regarding the quality of the instrument/s would be appreciated.

Regards,
    Solomyr.

2. drurb

drurb Oracle, Ancient Order of Rass Hattur; Mem. #1, EPC

Apr 17, 2004
    Never heard of it. How about a link?

3. mjt0229

mjt0229 Supporting Member

Aug 8, 2007
    Bellingham, WA
    Does anyone else cringe every time the word 'brand' is used to describe a bass maker? I'd call myself a pedant, but the dictionary doesn't really back me up. I think it's more the connotation than the denotation.

4. drurb

Apr 17, 2004
    Yeah, I know what you mean but there are some basses where "brand" really applies! :)

5. Solomyr

Solomyr

Oct 9, 2009
  6. The fact that there seems to be little or no information on the name hints strongly that this could be a poor quality Chinese import. That's not definite but I would use great caution and would under no circumstances buy one online. If the price is under $1,000 (or the Swedish equivalent) I recommend closing your browser immediately.

7. drurb

Apr 17, 2004
    +1!

8. Greg Clinkingbeard

Greg Clinkingbeard

Apr 4, 2005
    Kansas City area
    KC Strings
    What that means is: put on your track shoes and run.

9. Solomyr

Solomyr

Oct 9, 2009
    I get the point, but hey, thanks for the help!