1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

bass buying issue

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DRN-PWNS, Sep 20, 2008.

1. DRN-PWNS

DRN-PWNS

Sep 13, 2008
    Cochrane alberta
    I went to my local music store today and asked how much 2 basses would cost me both warwick. one was a corvette the otehr a thumb bolt on. i was told that they would be about 1000-1900 at the most. i was stoked. I got home and find out that the thumb bolt on retails for around 3200. I sit here crushed, I had my hear set on this bass I am in high school and have a part time job, I would stilll have to work for another 8 months to buy the bass and i wouldnt have a case for it or anything just a bass i wouldnt be able to buy a car either... I just cant justify buying it. i need to find another bass that costs less looks simukar and sounds identicle it may be hard ir impossible but if you have any ideas shoot them up.:bassist:

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Your best bet is to keep a close eye on the TB classifieds, as Warwicks of many types do show up there at good prices once in a while.

3. DRN-PWNS

DRN-PWNS

Sep 13, 2008
    Cochrane alberta
    Well i was thinking maybe i could just get the vette and swap pick ups?

4. marshmallow83

marshmallow83

Oct 6, 2007
    You won't the Thumb sound out of a Corvette. Your better off saving up and looking on the used market.

5. warwick rockbass thumb, then swap the pups. I played on one once, played really well.

6. marshmallow83

marshmallow83

Oct 6, 2007
    Warwick don't make a Rockbass Thumb.

7. woops, I was mixing up the thumb and corvette

8. GM60466

GM60466

May 20, 2006
    Land of Lakland
    Save your $, then buy what you really want.

G

9. Funkdrawer4

Funkdrawer4 Registered Abuser

10. M5Yates

M5Yates

Feb 7, 2005
    Austin, TX
    Used Warwicks seriously depreciate from their new price.
    You can buy a Thumb BO 4 for under $1000. (I paid $700 for mine.)
    Corvettes are even less used (like this one for $700).

11. Webtroll

Webtroll Rolling for initiative

Apr 23, 2006
    Austin, TX
    +1 on a used Warwick. They are great basses and often times serious bargains when purchased used. I love the sound of the Thumb but hate the look, weight and balance, so I bought a Streamer LX (bolt on neck, shaped like a Spector with 2 MEC Jazz pickups) and liked it so much I bought a second one.