1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass cab help

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by DeliriumTrigger, Apr 25, 2010.


  1. DeliriumTrigger

    DeliriumTrigger

    Apr 25, 2010
    Ok, so I brought the Ashdown MAG 300H EVO II head with an Ashdown MAG 210T Deep Cabinet of my friend for a £130 which I feel is a steal, having played through the head before.

    However, the reason why it is at a knockdown price is that the cab doesn't seem to have any output or sound coming out of the speaker, my friend did tell me this, but I'm going to try and take a look myself. The cab apparently cut out during a gig a few months back, but I've played through the head as I said, a few weeks ago.

    So do you guys know what could be up with the cab and any tips to go about fixing it?

    Thanks very much.
     
  2. jastacey

    jastacey Supporting Member

    Feb 8, 2009
    Houston,Tx
    I'd pull the speaker out of the cabinet and check the connections and I'd also would use a multi-meter to check the actual speaker to see if the voice coil has any shorts and to see what the ohm value is
     
  3. DeliriumTrigger

    DeliriumTrigger

    Apr 25, 2010
    Thanks very much! But sorry to be a pest, could you put it in even simpler terms? I'm not clued up when it comes to electronics :(
     
  4. uhdinator

    uhdinator

    Apr 20, 2010
    Maine
    plug a speaker cable into the cab. take a 9 volt battery and on the other end of the speaker cable touch the tip of the cable to one the 9 volt terminals and the sleeve of the cable
    on the other battery terminal. put your each up to the horn and the woofer. while watching and listening momentarily tap
    the battery on the cable. you will hear a click and see the woofer move,

    If you hear no click on the horn or woofer, its not working.
    If both not working it could be a fuse also.

    some cabs have internal fuse or light bulb that could be burned out.

    JUST don't hold the battery on the cable, just momentarily touch the cable with the battery.
     

Share This Page

  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.