1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Bass Cabinet Advice

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by konfishily, Dec 6, 2004.

1. konfishily

konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    I am new to bass cabinets all together. But now that i started gigging I need a little more power to keep up with 2 loud guitarists. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions on a ~300 W setup with preferably 1 cabinet.

I was wondering if a

SWR 350 and Goliath 4 x 10" cab would work

or maybe a

Ampeg B-2R and a BSE 410 HLF?

2. pickles

pickles Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Both good choices, if you could get a bass 750 instead of 35o it'd be that much more solid. Or try to get a 4 omh goliath.

A well powered 4x10 with a loud rock band is usually *just* enough. Many people go with an 8x10 or two 4x10s.

3. xb100

xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    I might suggest getting a schroeder 410. WAY loud and about the same price as a goliath III. Not to mention it could probobly eat a goliath III for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

www.schroedercabinets.com

If you want any info.

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    a 4x10 should be ok as long as you put a good amount of watts into it. I use a bag end 1x12 and a bag end 1x15 which are conservatively rated at 200 watts RMS handling, but handle 800 watts peak. I use a poweramp to put about 400 watts into each of them and that competes with a 100 watt marshall style plexi amp. My setup has roughly about the same speaker cone area as a 4x10 so i'd say i could use one in place of the setup i have and be around as loud. You might be better off with a used swr sm-900 bridged into that cabinet if you like the swr sound. I have zero experience with schroeder, but i can tell you that epifani and aguilar 4x10's (to name a couple) would be louder than the swr by a bit, but the SWR is still a good cabinet.