Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

bass cabinet----coat or carpet???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fenderbluesdude, Dec 15, 2004.

1. my and my dad made a bass cab over the weekend and i was wondering what would be better, to carpet it or coat it??? the wood i am using is mdf. i did some experimenting with colors and i found this to be pretty cool, i did 3 coats but when i just did 3 it looked great not to light but not too dark.

2. rat fur or bedliner coat? I would try coating it.

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    I like to see picures!!! :D

4. i cant figure it out i took the pictures put them on my computer but the file is to big i cant shirnk it can i ?

5. rpatter

rpatter Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    You built a bass guitar cabinet out of MDF??!! How big is it? I built a 4x10 using MDF once and it was at least 100lb if not more. There is some stuff that's used for garage floors that should work well if you want to coat it. It's available at Home Depot, Lowes or Menards. They can make it pretty much whatever color you want.

6. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    With some soft ware you should be able to.

I use the Microsoft Photo Editor program on my laptop at work. While probably not the most versatile program, it allows me to crop, rotate, resize and correct brightness and/or balance quite quickly.

If you don't have software on your computer, you could attach the photo to an email and send it to me, I'll shrink it for you and either post it here or send it back for you to post.