Bass cabinet: Markbass New York 122 Ninja or Traveler 102P?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by APGP, Jun 24, 2019.

1. APGP

APGP

Mar 8, 2018
    Portugal
    Hi,

I have a Markbass little mark tube 800 amp head and I want to get a speaker to combine it with. I'm looking for something light, compact and with enough power to handle my head, so I'm split between the two cabinets mentioned in the title. I'm looking for opinions from someone who has had experience with either one or both of them.

- The ninja has two 12 inch speakers and delivers 800 W at 8 ohm (18,5 kg);
    - The traveler has two 10 inch speakers and delivers 400 W at 8 ohm (12,6 kg, slightly smaller);
    - My head is rated at 500 W at 8 ohm.

Since the traveler is around 100 euros cheaper, which would be the wisest choice?

Thanks!

2. I just got a Ninja 122 this week and have about 10 gigs lined up over the next month starting this weekend, I was going to give my impression after the honeymoon is over. But I wanted a cab that can truly handle small to large gigs and at times without PA support. I have a simple setup, 4 string Jazz bass and a Quilter bb800.. and play mostly funk covers. The 122 is bit larger then I thought it would be but has a very small footprint which is what I need for small gigs. The 102p actually has a larger footprint. Anyways, I’ll get back to u in a month ;)

3. APGP

APGP

Mar 8, 2018
    Portugal
    Thank you, I will wait for your feedback!

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 19, 2021