Bass Cabinet replacement speakers.

Discussion in 'Live Sound [BG]' started by MFC, Dec 13, 2017.

1. MFC

MFC

Jul 19, 2008
    I'm looking to get two new 15" bass speakers for my Hard Trucker double 15 cabinet. Can I get recommendations on a good pair of replacement speakers for this cabinet. I would like a high quality speaker. I know Hard Trucker now uses Electro Voice DMX or DVX 3150 15" speakers in their cabinets that they sell but I find these are hard to come by.

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Measure the inside dimensions of the cab..... As well as the diameter/depth of any ports. Call the fine folks at US Speaker and give them those dimensions. They will make recommendations based on the information you give them.

Bass cabs are designed (usually ..... hopefully) to work with certain drivers. You can't just throw any "good" 15" speaker in there. It needs to be a driver that works with the physics of the cab.

dheafey, MFC and s0c9 like this.
  3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    By the way, you joined us in 2008 and that's your first post??????

Welcome out of the shadows! :D

MFC and s0c9 like this.
  4. MFC

MFC

Jul 19, 2008
    Called US Speaker and they were a big help. Thanks for the advice.

two fingers likes this.
  5. and back under he goes

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021