Bass cabs hooked up to car stereo?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Intrepid, Jan 10, 2002.

1. Intrepid

Oct 15, 2001
    Hey after I bust out alot of dough on a bass cab, it would be cool if I could hook my stereo to the bass amplifier and the bass cab(d210xlt, d115xlt) in my car. That way I'll have those most rocking stereo in the parking it possible and more importantly, will it sound good?
  2. it will sound like sh:eek:t ! besides.. i've got a 200w woofer in my car and it nearly homps my car up and down..
  3. ZuluFunk

ZuluFunk Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Cheaper than getting hydraulics put in!!!
  4. No

IMO you will be very disappointed in the typical bass rig when used for full spectrum music reproduction. It will most likely have lousy lows, screechy highs, and a lot of coloration.

You can verify this by using a CD player plugged into the LINE IN on your amp. This will give you a real good indication of what your rig actually sounds like, and how it affects the tone of your bass.

Plug one of your good home stereo speakers into your bass rig, then play the CD material through the amp, and that will tell you if the coloration is from the amp or the speakers.
  5. fast slapper

fast slapper

Dec 11, 2001
    Fresno, CA
    I'm not sure about other cabs, but I use a Epifani 2x12 to play music and it sounds much better than most PA cabs I've tested.
  6. Just go for a proper set up dude, I've got 1 12 inch sub running in my car, and it really rocks the baby, now i'm puttin ganother one in. Just gotta get the money for a $850Aud amp :rolleyes:

2x250w yeah!!! Competition style! KenWood!

I'll have it in a couple of months hopefully.
  7. I'm waiting for the day I need to take a long trip with an 8x10...then i'll biff the sub I usually run and plug into that... :D :D

That would be loud.
  8. wow i was actually thinking about this today and was gonna start a thread..
  9. Phat Ham

Phat Ham

Feb 13, 2000
    you'd need to get a transformer if you wanted to use your bass amp. Your car will provide 12 volts, but your amp needs 120. You'd probably be better off just getting an amp made for cars.
  10. (I was meaning with my car amp) :D