1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass case for Guild Pilot

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kat Li, Mar 10, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Kat Li

Kat Li

Mar 10, 2019
    I recently purchased a 1991 Guild Pilot but the case was in very bad shape. I have looked all over to find an extra long case for the bass. Anyone has any suggestion where I should look?? Will need something at least 52 inches long.

Thank you

2. RyanOh

RyanOh Gold Supporting Member

What's extra long about it? I fit mine in a standard aftermarket Gator case meant for a Fender Jazz.

Finding an original case is tough and usually not in great shape.

Nice gig bags also an option. They're not oversized basses.

There is also a Guild Pilot Bass club thread if you want to post there too.

EDIT: Link to club thread Guild Pilot bass club?

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
    jd56hawk likes this.
  3. Kat Li

Kat Li

Mar 10, 2019
    The pilot itself is 49" long. So, I am looking for a hardshell case at least 52" long. I always prefer hardshell case for better protection.

4. I have a Pilot Plus 5. A TKL molded plastic Jazz Bass hardshell case fits it perfectly.

jd56hawk likes this.
  5. RyanOh

Hmm beats me. I have 4 Pilots now and they are Jazz sized, slightly smaller.

Maybe @Flashback Bass or @nalapit13 would know more, they seem to be pretty expert in Pilots.

nalapit13 likes this.
  6. RyanOh

Welcome to TalkBass, I've mentioned two very knowledgeable people in my last post and they may reply here. If you're able to upload a picture of your bass, that would help sort it out.

Cheers.

nalapit13 likes this.
  7. nalapit13

nalapit13 official player and catcher of bass Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    I have one of my pilots in a gator case, it fits fine. I never had a problem putting a pilot in a case.

You could bring you pilot down to your local music store and see if it fits in any of the cases the have in inventory.

RyanOh likes this.
  8. Kat Li

Kat Li

Mar 10, 2019
    I tried. I am in Vancouver and I brought the pilot to Long & McQuade and Tom Lee, they have nothing. I have been looking online for anything that's longer than 52", so far, no luck.

9. Kat Li

Kat Li

Mar 10, 2019
    Thank you

10. nalapit13

nalapit13 official player and catcher of bass Supporting Member

Jul 6, 2007
    Middlesex, NJ
    Post a pic of your pilot. Let’s see which headstock it has.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021