1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Bass case, Reunion Blue or Mono?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Randy Warren, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Randy Warren

Randy Warren

Oct 26, 2008
    checked out the reunion blue at my local GC, pretty nicely made with good room, the front pocket looks like it will hold manuscripts size, and the ruggedness is impressive. OTOH, the mono's sound good on their website, but not having seen one in person, I cannot judge the ruggedness, in fact, it looks like it is more flexible than the blue. ANy experience on this call? thanks!

2. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Different types of bags. The Reunion is a traditional leather bag. The Mono is a gig bag/softshell hybrid. The Mono is NOT very flexible at all- in addition to the thick padding, it has ABS plastic shell pieces in it to add rigidity/protection.

3. mr.mow

mr.mow

Feb 11, 2009
    Melbourne
    Endorsing Artist: BBE/G&L Basses
    I have a Mono case, use it all the time, get thrown in the back of the van for gigs, thrown around at venues.. my teacher also has one.. been brilliant.

4. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    If you are referring to the Blues Reunion Continental then based on the pictures and descriptions I saw it looks like it is on par with the Mono.
    I have the latter and it isn't flexible. Neither is there much room to store anything outside of a few music sheets, a tuner, cable, and a handful of odds and ends
    From the perspective of good protection from a gig bag, I recommend the Incase ;) (which I also have). A tad heavy but Incase designed it so that even the pocket is padded to protect anything you put in there up to a laptop.

5. Mono all the way for weight and protection. However, the pockets are reasonably small. The cool thing, if you need to carry charts, there is a large 'strap pocket' on the back of the bag that works great for carrying charts.

Great 'hybrid' design, high quality, REALLY light weight, Nitro safe (if that is important).

If you need maximum pocket room (like to carry a micro amp, etc.), the iGig Bags are also very good.

6. Randy Warren

Randy Warren

Oct 26, 2008
    thanks, all, I was referring to the reunion bag, which is also pretty stiff all around, but the Mono has been on my radar big time!